Sunburst Viral- Latest News on Celebrities, gossip, TV,  music and movies
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
No Result
View All Result
Sunburst Viral- Latest News on Celebrities, gossip, TV,  music and movies
No Result
View All Result

Justin Baldoni’s $400M lawsuit against Blake Lively officially dismissed – National

by Sunburst Viral
10 months ago
in Featured News
0
Home Featured News
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Spread the love


A final judgment was entered in Justin Baldoni’s US$400-million defamation and extortion countersuit against It Ends With Us co-star Blake Lively and her husband Ryan Reynolds after Baldoni missed the deadline to file an amended complaint.

On Friday, U.S. District Court Judge Lewis Liman signed an order stating that Baldoni, 41, and his production company Wayfarer Studios had let the deadline lapse after the court dismissed the case in June.

Liman said he’d contacted all parties on Oct. 17 to let them know he’d be entering a final judgment to conclude the case.

Lively, 38, was the only one to respond, asking the judge to finalize the dismissal and to keep her request for legal fees open, which the judge agreed to, according to People.

Baldoni may still appeal the dismissal after the court decides Lively’s pending motion for legal fees, according to E! News.

Story continues below advertisement

Liman previously dismissed Baldoni and production company Wayfarer Studios’ lawsuit on June 9, but allowed him and his legal team to amend the complaint to change the “allegations relevant to the claims of tortious interference with contract and breach of implied covenant.”

Liman also ruled that Baldoni’s claims that Lively stole creative control of the film didn’t count as extortion under California law.

“The Wayfarer Parties have not alleged that Lively is responsible for any statements other than the statements in her CRD complaint, which are privileged,” Liman wrote in the opinion and order filing. “The Wayfarer Parties have alleged that Reynolds and (publicist Leslie) Sloane made additional statements accusing Baldoni of sexual misconduct and that the Times made additional statements accusing the Wayfarer Parties of engaging in a smear campaign.


Click to play video: 'Justin Baldoni’s legal team claps back after Blake Lively’s recent court victory'

6:38
Justin Baldoni’s legal team claps back after Blake Lively’s recent court victory




“But the Wayfarer Parties have not alleged that Reynolds, Sloane or the Times would have seriously doubted these statements were true based on the information available to them, as is required for them to be liable for defamation under applicable law.

Story continues below advertisement

“The Wayfarer Parties’ additional claims also fail. Accordingly, the Amended Complaint must be dismissed in its entirety.”

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

The judge also dismissed Baldoni’s defamation lawsuit against the New York Times, which had reported on Lively’s sexual harassment allegations.


Lively’s lawyers previously called the dismissal “a total victory and complete vindication for Blake Lively, along with those that Justin Baldoni and the Wayfarer Parties dragged into their retaliatory lawsuit, including Ryan Reynolds, Leslie Sloane and The New York Times.”

“As we have said from day one, this ‘$400 million’ lawsuit was a sham, and the Court saw right through it. We look forward to the next round, which is seeking attorneys’ fees, treble damages and punitive damages against Baldoni, Sarowitz, Nathan, and the other Wayfarer Parties who perpetrated this abusive litigation,” Lively’s lawyers said in a statement.

Trending Now

  • Ahead of budget, Canadians want cost of living help, not deficits: poll

  • CPKC train derails near B.C. community, officials say no danger to water system

Baldoni’s suit was seeking at least $400 million for damages that included lost future income. The lawsuit from Baldoni and production company Wayfarer Studios, which also named Sloane as a defendant, came about two weeks after Lively sued Baldoni and several others tied to the film, alleging harassment and a co-ordinated campaign to attack her reputation for coming forward about her treatment on the set.

In late March, Lively asked a judge to dismiss Baldoni’s countersuit, calling his claims “vengeful and rambling,” after she filed the lawsuit against him for sexual harassment and retaliation.

Story continues below advertisement


Click to play video: 'Justin Baldoni releases behind-the-scenes footage of him and Blake Lively on ‘It Ends with Us’ set'

1:23
Justin Baldoni releases behind-the-scenes footage of him and Blake Lively on ‘It Ends with Us’ set




Lively’s lawyers, Mike Gottlieb and Esra Hudson, wrote in papers filed in Manhattan federal court that Baldoni and his production company’s claims that they were defamed were a “profound abuse of the legal process.”

“The law prohibits weaponizing defamation lawsuits, like this one, to retaliate against individuals who have filed legal claims or have publicly spoken out about sexual harassment and retaliation,” the lawyers said.

“The right to seek legal redress and the right of the press to report on it are sacred principles that are protected by multiple privileges, including the litigation and fair report privileges, which are absolute.”

Lively’s legal team also referred to Baldoni’s lawsuit as part of a “sinister campaign to bury and destroy” her for speaking out about sexual harassment against him.

Lively sought unspecified damages when she sued Baldoni in late December 2024 for alleged sexual harassment and retaliation. The trial is currently set to take place in March 2026.

&copy 2025 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.





Source link

Tags: 400MBaldonisBlakecelebrity newsDismissedhollywood gossipshollywood newsJustinlatest hollywood newsLawsuitLivelyNationalofficially
Previous Post

The Charlatans on Grief, Love, and Why They Keep Going

Next Post

‘Sesame Street’ Unveils Trailer For Its First Season On Netflix

Related Posts

Tom Brady Celebrates His, Bridget Moynahan’s Son Jack on 19th Birthday
Featured News

Tom Brady Celebrates His, Bridget Moynahan’s Son Jack on 19th Birthday

by Sunburst Viral
August 22, 2026
Mark Ruffalo Blasts Paramount For Calling Him “Antisemitic”
Featured News

Mark Ruffalo Blasts Paramount For Calling Him “Antisemitic”

by Sunburst Viral
August 22, 2026
Backlink Management for Growing Websites
Featured News

Backlink Management for Growing Websites

by Sunburst Viral
August 22, 2026
Dua Lipa, Calum Turner Love Story
Featured News

Dua Lipa, Calum Turner Love Story

by Sunburst Viral
August 22, 2026
Rose McGowan, Anna Paquin Pay Tribute To Hayden Panettiere
Featured News

Rose McGowan, Anna Paquin Pay Tribute To Hayden Panettiere

by Sunburst Viral
August 22, 2026
Next Post
‘Sesame Street’ Unveils Trailer For Its First Season On Netflix

'Sesame Street' Unveils Trailer For Its First Season On Netflix

GET THE FREE NEWSLETTER

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Complete TV Winners List — WGA

Complete TV Winners List — WGA

February 16, 2025
Reasons Actors Left The Show

Reasons Actors Left The Show

June 18, 2023
8 Greatest TV Characters of the 1980s, Ranked

8 Greatest TV Characters of the 1980s, Ranked

January 30, 2026
Roger Waters Unveils ‘The Lockdown Periods’ Album

Roger Waters Unveils ‘The Lockdown Periods’ Album

December 9, 2022
Fantasy & Sci-Fi Books That Will Transport You Somewhere Extraordinary

Fantasy & Sci-Fi Books That Will Transport You Somewhere Extraordinary

July 17, 2026
4 Panels Exploring New Music Consumption

4 Panels Exploring New Music Consumption

October 14, 2025
T.J. Hooker Helped William Shatner Land A TV Role Leonard Nimoy Was Also Up For

T.J. Hooker Helped William Shatner Land A TV Role Leonard Nimoy Was Also Up For

August 22, 2026
Netflix’s New 6-Part Romance Series Is Too Good To Miss for ‘Bridgerton’ Fans

Netflix’s New 6-Part Romance Series Is Too Good To Miss for ‘Bridgerton’ Fans

August 22, 2026
Tom Brady Celebrates His, Bridget Moynahan’s Son Jack on 19th Birthday

Tom Brady Celebrates His, Bridget Moynahan’s Son Jack on 19th Birthday

August 22, 2026
Games You Only Need One Copy Of To Play With Others

Games You Only Need One Copy Of To Play With Others

August 22, 2026
PlayStation Blasts Out Poorly Timed Reminder About Digital Games

PlayStation Blasts Out Poorly Timed Reminder About Digital Games

August 22, 2026
Mark Ruffalo Blasts Paramount For Calling Him “Antisemitic”

Mark Ruffalo Blasts Paramount For Calling Him “Antisemitic”

August 22, 2026
  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Contact us
SUNBURST VIRAL

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Go to mobile version