The chaos at the popular desert festival Burning Man continues as extreme weather has left attendees muddy and among an eerie cloud of dust.
A dust storm first hit Black Rock City, a temporary metropolis in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert where the festival is held, over the opening days – tearing up campsites, causing travel delays and leaving some injured, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Since then, the weather woes have continued with festival-goers sharing insight of the incredible scenes on social media.
Watch the video above.
READ MORE: Famous festival descends into chaos during opening weekend
After Saturday’s initial dust storm, weather officials announced another dust advisory forecasting strong winds as well as potential rain and scattered thunderstorms.
According to SFGATE, a second dust storm ravaged the festival on Sunday night, the event’s first official night, which was immediately followed by a 90 minute downpour.
One festival-goer, covered in dust, filmed herself and her friends as they sought shelter in an campervan while the storm raged on and posted it to her X account, @TaraBull8008.
READ MORE: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce announce their engagement
“Very first dust storm is officially here… guys are like screaming outside. Things are flying around,” she said in the video.
In the video, the howling wind can be heard battering the outside of their campervan.
“It sounds like a zombie apocalypse,” her friend said of the storm.
So far, amid the ongoing storms, it is understood that at least one of the festival’s prominent art installations has been destroyed.
READ MORE: Bruce Willis’ wife gives sad update on star amid dementia battle
On Sunday night, event officials closed the gate in and out of Black Rock City citing people in the area to “expect delays as the wind gusts continue and visibility fluctuates”.
Since then the gate into the festival has been opened and closed several times as officials keep an eye on the weather.
But for those already in Black Rock City, they have been braving the weather and attempting to hold down their campsites.
READ MORE: Travis Kelce’s dad lets slip details on Taylor Swift proposal
It’s not the first time the desert festival, which is known as a “community and global cultural movement” and is attended by many celebrities, has been marred by extreme weather.
Due to the event’s remote location, it is susceptible to very extreme and unpredictable weather.
The rainstorm flooded the area leaving festival-goers trudging through thick ankle-deep mud with no way to leave as officials closed the roads due to safety concerns.
Tens of thousands of punters became stranded at their campsites and were advised to conserve food and water as they waited for the bad weather to clear.
In 2024, the region was hit with powerful dust storms much like the one that hit the region over the weekend.
FOLLOW US ON WHATSAPP HERE: Stay across all the latest in celebrity, lifestyle and opinion via our WhatsApp channel. No comments, no algorithm and nobody can see your private details.