No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result

Steve Martin Responds To Little Shop Of Horrors Co-Star Miriam Margolyes’ Claim He Was ‘Horrid’ On Set!

by Sunburst Viral
3 years ago
in Celebrity
0
Home Celebrity
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Spread the love


Steve Martin objects!

As we previously reported, Miriam Margolyes claimed in her new memoir, Oh Miriam, that she had an awful time working with the Only Murders in the Building star for their 1986 movie Little Shop of Horrors. The 82-year-old actress – who portrayed the assistant to Steve’s evil dentist Orin Scrivello – said she despised filming their Dentist! scene in which he had to punch her character. As Miriam wrote in the book, she was being “hit all day by doors opening in my face” and “repeatedly punched, slapped and knocked down.” Oof!

Related: Amy Schumer Blasts Critics Who Took Nicole Kidman Post Too Seriously

The Harry Potter alum later expanded on her comments in an interview with news.com.au, claiming it was a “vile experience” and the 78-year-old actor was “incredibly unfriendly, because he was a perfectionist.” She added:

“I just thought he was rather horrid. He was a c**t, that’s all I can tell you.”

DAMN!

Her remarks came as a shock to many people since Steve is very beloved in the industry. The Cheaper By The Dozen star was even stunned by the accusations himself! In fact, he had a much different recollection of their days on the set of Little Shop! He told Us Weekly in a statement:

“When I first read Miriam Margolyes’ pejorative account of our scene in Little Shop of Horrors, I was surprised. My memory is that we had a good communication as professional actors. But when it is implied that I harmed her or was in some way careless about doing the stunts, I have to object.”

Steve claimed to have taken “EXTREME caution” when it came to the pretend punch:

“I remember taking EXTREME caution regarding the fake punch — the same caution I would use with any similar scene. She assured me she felt fine, and we did a few successful takes and stopped. There was never any physical contact between her and me, accidental or otherwise, in this scene or any other we shot.”

Concluding his statement, the comedian pointed out that there were a ton of people during the stunt, including a stunt coordinator:

“Also on the set, keeping their eyes on the action, was the highly skilled and sensitive director, Frank Oz, a stunt coordinator, a camera crew, a script supervisor, as well as extras who witnessed the entire, very-well rehearsed scene.”

Frank Oz even denied the allegations and backed Steve, telling Us:

“I always rehearse physical actions in slow motion. The scene was supposed to include a fake punch. It’s puzzling what she’s talking about. It’s not the Steve I know or anyone knows. He’s always been professional and respectful of everyone on all of my shoots.”

Hmm…

It seems this matter is turning into a he said, she said scenario. What are YOUR thoughts on the situation, Perezcious readers? Let us know below!

[Image via MEGA/WENN, John Rainford/WENN]



Source link

Share Post Share
Tags: celebrity newsClaimCostarhollywood gossipshollywood newsHorridHorrorslatest hollywood newsMargolyesMartinMiriamRespondssetShopSteve
Previous Post

Desiigner Will Not Have to Register as Sex Offender

Next Post

30 Years of True Romance: Tony Scott’s Directorial Triumph

Related Posts

Boyfriend and Mom Arrested in Death of College Soccer Player
Celebrity

Boyfriend and Mom Arrested in Death of College Soccer Player

by Sunburst Viral
August 21, 2026
Celebrity

Prince William was ‘with King Charles’ when Prince Harry’s move news broke

by Sunburst Viral
August 21, 2026
Celebrity

Anna Faris Challenges Her And Chris Pratt’s Religious Son

by Sunburst Viral
August 21, 2026
Celebrity

Former Bond Girl, 75, looks almost unrecognizable in incredible never-before-seen throwback

by Sunburst Viral
August 21, 2026
Celebrity

Outer Banks’ Caroline Arapoglou Talks Finale Deaths, Spinoff

by Sunburst Viral
August 21, 2026
Next Post

30 Years of True Romance: Tony Scott's Directorial Triumph

GET THE FREE NEWSLETTER

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Complete TV Winners List — WGA

February 16, 2025

Reasons Actors Left The Show

June 18, 2023

8 Greatest TV Characters of the 1980s, Ranked

January 30, 2026

Fantasy & Sci-Fi Books That Will Transport You Somewhere Extraordinary

July 17, 2026

4 Panels Exploring New Music Consumption

October 14, 2025

Roger Waters Unveils ‘The Lockdown Periods’ Album

December 9, 2022

Benny Blanco Shares Weight Loss After Only Eating Pizza for 5 Days

August 21, 2026

Superman DCU TV Show With Skyler Gisondo’s Jimmy Olsen & Gorilla Grodd Gets Official Title

August 21, 2026

9 Years Later, Mike Flanagan’s Most Exciting Stephen King Adaptation Can Redeem A Forgotten Flop

August 21, 2026

Jason Blum To Host ‘Paranormal Activity’ Broadway Performance

August 21, 2026

Elton John + Dying Fetus Appear on Same Album Thanks to Turnstile

August 21, 2026

‘Bottled by Bears’ has you creating honey and collecting bees

August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Contact us
SUNBURST VIRAL

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Exit mobile version