No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result

Toronto restaurant bans Zachary Quinto, accuses actor of making host cry

by Sunburst Viral
2 years ago
in Featured News
0
Home Featured News
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Spread the love


If you ask the folks working at the Manita restaurant in Toronto, actor Zachary Quinto is great in Star Trek, but his real-life attitude leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Quinto, 47, was banned from the Mediterranean-inspired cafe and bar after he visited the establishment on Sunday.

In a post to their Instagram page, the restaurant called Quinto “a terrible customer” and accused the American actor of shouting at employees. The restaurant claimed Quinto “yelled at our staff like an entitled child after he didn’t reply to two texts to inform him his table was ready.”

Quinto also allegedly “refused to believe the empty tables in the dining room weren’t available for him despite being politely informed they were spoken for.”

Manita said Quinto made a host cry while other diners in the small establishment became “uncomfortable” over his apparent outburst.

Story continues below advertisement

“Mr. Quinto, take your bad vibes somewhere else, we have many lovely celebrities join us at Manita but you are NOT one of them,” the restaurant wrote.

In the caption of their post, Manita said Quinto is not the first “irate guest” to have “taken their frustrations out on our staff.”


The email you need for the day’s
top news stories from Canada and around the world.

“To all the other Zachary Quintos out there, on behalf of restaurant workers everywhere: We aren’t above criticism, but we are above being demeaned,” Manita concluded.

Quinto has not commented publicly on the incident. The actor’s representatives did not respond to Global News inquiries.

He appeared to be visiting Manita for a meal on his birthday. According to Quinto’s Instagram stories, the actor had earlier travelled to Canada’s Wonderland with friends and thanked the park for an “incredible birthday adventure.”

Story continues below advertisement

That evening, he also uploaded a photo of himself dining inside another nearby Toronto restaurant, the ever-popular cocktail hotspot Paris Paris. Quinto was pictured sitting in front of a dessert with a candle, looking extra grateful with his eyes closed and his hand over his heart.


Zachary Quinto’s Instagram post from June 2, 2024, the same day the Toronto restaurant Manita banned the actor from returning.


Instagram @zacharyquinto

Trending Now

  • 1 dead, 4 injured after shooting outside Toronto school

  • Are ‘Ozempic babies’ on the rise? What to know about the growing phenomenon

In the comments of Manita’s post, hordes of Torontonians praised the restaurant for sticking up for their employees.

“Finally, a company standing up for their staff,” one commenter wrote. “This happened to me at my previous workplace and instead of sticking up for me, they let me go to avoid ‘bad press.’”

“Good for you, being a ‘celebrity’ shouldn’t strip you of your basic manners and how to treat other human beings,” chided another.

Global News reached out to Manita for comment, but has yet to receive a response.

Story continues below advertisement

A representative for Manita told the Toronto Star Quinto will be banned from the restaurant “until we receive an acceptable apology.”

Manita is a cafe, bar and one-stop grocery spot for artisan goods. The small Ossington Ave. joint is much beloved for their “Mediterranean-ish” fare and cocktails.

Quinto is best-known for playing Spock in Star Trek films, as well as his roles in the TV series Heroes and American Horror Story.



1:46
Conejo Negro serves up culinary combo of Caribbean, Creole and Latin food




&copy 2024 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.





Source link

Share Post Share
Tags: AccusesactorBanscelebrity newsCryhollywood gossipshollywood newsHostlatest hollywood newsMakingQuintoRestaurantTorontoZachary
Previous Post

A New ‘American Gladiators’ Is Coming to Amazon

Next Post

Feuds With Mariah Carey, MGK & More Explained

Related Posts

Josh Radnor Says How I Met Your Mother Cast Isn’t Close: More Secrets
Featured News

Josh Radnor Says How I Met Your Mother Cast Isn’t Close: More Secrets

by Sunburst Viral
August 20, 2026
Featured News

Semafor Taps Ashley Gold For Key Role Covering Technology

by Sunburst Viral
August 20, 2026
Featured News

Top 14k White Gold Necklaces You Need for Fall Occasions

by Sunburst Viral
August 20, 2026
Featured News

Post Malone Engaged to Christy Lee Over One Year After Debuting Romance

by Sunburst Viral
August 20, 2026
Featured News

‘Saturday Night Live’ New Talent Auditions Wrap Across 3 Cities

by Sunburst Viral
August 19, 2026
Next Post

Feuds With Mariah Carey, MGK & More Explained

GET THE FREE NEWSLETTER

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Complete TV Winners List — WGA

February 16, 2025

Reasons Actors Left The Show

June 18, 2023

Fantasy & Sci-Fi Books That Will Transport You Somewhere Extraordinary

July 17, 2026

8 Greatest TV Characters of the 1980s, Ranked

January 30, 2026

Roger Waters Unveils ‘The Lockdown Periods’ Album

December 9, 2022

4 Panels Exploring New Music Consumption

October 14, 2025

Kehlani Shuts Down Idea That ‘R&B Is Dead’: ‘It’s Never Gone Anywhere’

August 20, 2026

Pokémon Silver and Gold Remake Rumors Sparked by Nintendo Tease

August 20, 2026

Lukas Gage Joins Natalie Portman In Thriller ‘Pumping Black’

August 20, 2026

Krysten Ritter Joins Bad Idea Comics For It Demands Sacrifice

August 20, 2026

AMA/Q&A Announcement – Jacob Chase – Friday 8/21 at 3:00 PM ET – Director of ‘Insidious: Out of the Further’ and ‘Come Play’

August 20, 2026

Josh Radnor Says How I Met Your Mother Cast Isn’t Close: More Secrets

August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Contact us
SUNBURST VIRAL

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Exit mobile version