Sunburst Viral- Latest News on Celebrities, gossip, TV,  music and movies
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming
No Result
View All Result
Sunburst Viral- Latest News on Celebrities, gossip, TV,  music and movies
No Result
View All Result

Princess Mette-Marit’s arrested son Marius Borg Høiby suspected of second rape

by Sunburst Viral
2 years ago
in Celebrity
0
Home Celebrity
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Spread the love


Marius Borg Høiby, the 27-year-old son of Princess Mette-Marit of Norway has been arrested following allegations of rape. The arrest, which occurred on Monday evening, comes as police investigate a second allegation involving another woman.

According to police, the second accusation involves a claim of sexual intercourse without consent with a woman who was reportedly unable to resist.

Following the investigation, police requested that Marius remain in custody, a decision a judge approved for a one-week detention period on Wednesday.

“Marius is facing serious accusations, which the police and the judiciary will deal with. I am convinced they will do a good job,” Crown Prince Haakon told Norwegian broadcaster NRK.

You may also likeMette-Marit and Haakon – a Norwegian love story

Maruis’s lawyer, Øyvind Bratlien, has announced plans to appeal the detention ruling. However, he expressed cautious optimism, noting that the judge denied the police request for a two-week remand. “We consider that promising,” Bratlien said in a statement to NRK.

The allegations mark the third time Høiby has been arrested in recent months. Police say the first incident occurred in August during a late-night altercation at the Oslo apartment of a woman he was reportedly in a relationship with.

Marius Borg Hoiby and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway © Ragnar Singsaas
Marius Borg Hoiby and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

 During the altercation, police found a knife embedded in the wall of the woman’s bedroom. Høiby spent 30 hours in custody following his initial arrest and was later detained in September for breaching a restraining order related to the same woman.

When arrested on Monday, Marius was reportedly in a car with the alleged victim of the August incident. Investigators have since conducted searches of his residence and seized items as part of the ongoing investigation.

Marius Borg Hoiby is now suspected of a second rape© Ian Gavan
Marius Borg Hoiby is now suspected of a second rape

In a statement, police lawyer Andreas Kruszewski confirmed the details of the second allegation and the ongoing investigation, adding that the nature of the claims required thorough examination.

Maruis’s legal troubles have brought increased scrutiny to his role within Norway’s royal family. 

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway's son, Marius Borg Hoiby, was arrested for the second time© Julian Parker
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway’s son, Marius Borg Hoiby is not a working royal

Raised alongside his royal step-siblings, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus, Marius holds no formal royal title or duties. 

Despite his upbringing within the royal household, he has largely lived a private life. However, his repeated legal issues have placed significant strain on the family’s public image.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra (C) poses with her siblings and parents (from L) Prince Sverre Magnus, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Marius Borg Hoiby © LISE AASERUD
Princess Ingrid Alexandra (C) poses with her siblings and parents (from L) Prince Sverre Magnus, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Marius Borg Hoiby

The allegations come on the heels of a statement issued earlier this month by Høiby in which he denied accusations of abuse from two former girlfriends, Nora Haukland and Juliane Snekkestad. 

Both women came forward after news of his August arrest. While Høiby admitted to assaulting his current girlfriend, he denied the allegations made by his ex-partners.

The royal family has not issued a formal response to the latest developments. However, Crown Prince Haakon’s comments to NRK underscore the gravity of the situation. The investigation remains ongoing, and no formal charges have yet been filed.



Source link

Tags: ArrestedBorgcelebrity newsHøibyhollywood gossipshollywood newslatest hollywood newsMariusMetteMaritsPrincessrapeSonSuspected
Previous Post

TDE to Host 11th Annual Christmas Concert & Toy Drive

Next Post

Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl – How To Complete The Poppy Field Quest

Related Posts

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Officially Moving Back To UK After Stepping Away From Royal Duties In 2020
Celebrity

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Officially Moving Back To UK After Stepping Away From Royal Duties In 2020

by Sunburst Viral
August 19, 2026
David Krumholtz Clarifies His ‘Indefinite Break’ From Acting
Celebrity

David Krumholtz Clarifies His ‘Indefinite Break’ From Acting

by Sunburst Viral
August 19, 2026
King Charles reunites with naughty pony who once got told off by the late Queen
Celebrity

King Charles reunites with naughty pony who once got told off by the late Queen

by Sunburst Viral
August 19, 2026
Keke Palmer Talks Being ‘Parentified’ As A Child
Celebrity

Keke Palmer Talks Being ‘Parentified’ As A Child

by Sunburst Viral
August 19, 2026
Key Benefits Of Investing In New Construction Properties
Celebrity

Key Benefits Of Investing In New Construction Properties

by Sunburst Viral
August 19, 2026
Next Post
Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl – How To Complete The Poppy Field Quest

Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl - How To Complete The Poppy Field Quest

GET THE FREE NEWSLETTER

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Complete TV Winners List — WGA

Complete TV Winners List — WGA

February 16, 2025
Fantasy & Sci-Fi Books That Will Transport You Somewhere Extraordinary

Fantasy & Sci-Fi Books That Will Transport You Somewhere Extraordinary

July 17, 2026
Reasons Actors Left The Show

Reasons Actors Left The Show

June 18, 2023
8 Greatest TV Characters of the 1980s, Ranked

8 Greatest TV Characters of the 1980s, Ranked

January 30, 2026
Roger Waters Unveils ‘The Lockdown Periods’ Album

Roger Waters Unveils ‘The Lockdown Periods’ Album

December 9, 2022
4 Panels Exploring New Music Consumption

4 Panels Exploring New Music Consumption

October 14, 2025
Pokémon Pokopia Expansion Pass Getting Packaged Download Release

Pokémon Pokopia Expansion Pass Getting Packaged Download Release

August 20, 2026
Danny Admits to Using Alcohol as a Coping Mechanism; Brittany Compares Her Relationship With Jax to Danny and Nia’s

Danny Admits to Using Alcohol as a Coping Mechanism; Brittany Compares Her Relationship With Jax to Danny and Nia’s

August 20, 2026
13 Years Later, Matt Damon’s Gritty Sci-Fi Thriller Finds Redemption on Streaming

13 Years Later, Matt Damon’s Gritty Sci-Fi Thriller Finds Redemption on Streaming

August 20, 2026
RHOBH Season 16 Cast Changes Big Time, Tracy Tutor Breaks Silence

RHOBH Season 16 Cast Changes Big Time, Tracy Tutor Breaks Silence

August 20, 2026
Post Malone Engaged to Christy Lee Over One Year After Debuting Romance

Post Malone Engaged to Christy Lee Over One Year After Debuting Romance

August 20, 2026
7 Years Later, Kylo Ren’s New Star Wars Release Answers Major Rise of Skywalker Questions

7 Years Later, Kylo Ren’s New Star Wars Release Answers Major Rise of Skywalker Questions

August 20, 2026
  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Contact us
SUNBURST VIRAL

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Celebrity
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Gossips
  • TV
  • Comics
  • Books
  • Gaming

Copyright © 2022 - Sunburst Viral.
Sunburst Viral is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Go to mobile version